Ottawa Land Transfer Tax Calculator
Are you a first time home buyer?
Land transfer tax:
Ontario Land Transfer Tax
When you a buy a house, condo or land in Ontario you are subject to land transfer tax which is due upon closing. Use our calculator to determine your applicable land transfer tax or view Ontario's 2022 rates below and follow along with our sample calculation.
|$55,000.01 to $250,000.00||1.0%|
|$250,000.01 to $400,000.00||1.5%|
|$400,000.01 to $2,000,000.00||2.0%|
Ontario first-time homebuyer land transfer tax refund
The Ontario land transfer tax refund is equal to the full value of the land transfer tax up to a maximum of $4,000.
- The buyer must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- The buyer must be older than 18 years
- The buyer must occupy the home within nine months of purchase
- The buyer cannot have owned a home anywhere in the world
- The buyer's spouse cannot have owned a home while being your spouse
Based on Ontario land transfer tax rates, the refund will cover the fully taxed amount on houses up to $368,333. For houses over $368,333, homebuyers will receive the maximum $4,000 refund and have to pay the remaining LTT balance. To obtain this refund, you need to apply within 18 months after the purchase of the home.